Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Quest of Saving My Master (WIP)

If you hit his post, and don't know what it is talking about, the background story is here and here.

Now My "Master Saving" "Master Plan" (and Progress):

Goal

    simple, get more attention to me, so to bring more attentions to my works.

Task

    actually not special at all, just the basic for everyone try to get fame from internet to do.
  1. blogger

    done (you see?). (https://igdbonbon.blogspot.com/). But still much to be done, better organizing content, more post etc.
  2.  YouTube channel

    (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqIGOJFFyLyNrOXmlR4FEZg), since a year ago. there are 3 gameplay video. I will not make trailer to trick people into thinking my games are more then they really are, gameplay is honest.
  3. deviantart

    (http://igdbonbon.deviantart.com/) Done, but only a few old works is there though, will upload some WIP, then, and finished work, from now on.
  4. twitter 

    (https://twitter.com/igdbonbon) Done few hour ago, followed 52 was recommended by twitter up front. (please 'follow me on twitter', everyone say it this way, right?)

  5. reddit   

     todo
  6. homepage for each games I made   

     todo
  7. write game press release, email to indie game sites   

     todo
  8. (to be found)    

    todo



The Result So far:

Blogger

My last 2 blog post in the last 2 day got 2 hit (by me), as good as expected.
I did make a blog for my first phone game at 2010, the total views now is 331.

Deviantart

My 12 artworks were viewed totally 19 times (include a few by me testing). got 4 nice people favorites, no one commented on them at all.
A also newbie suggest we should watch-over each other.
we are on the same boat, why not? so we scratched each other's back.

YouTube

6 nice people subscribed. (Subscribe me, you will be nice too).
Bruce Them All Game Play accumulated 30000+ views in a year, I think they were just driven by app stores.
The other 2 don't even hit the YouTube magic number of 300.

Twitter

 I immediately got a follower, it is a spam bot, sent me link to hack me. I feel sad blocking it as my only follower.
 Then a few nice guys and gals, followed me. sorry for them, they were tricked by twitter's match making bot.
 But I am nice enough to follow them back, two of them immediately message and thanks me. only the message sound like a bot.




To make this post less boring, here is some graphic, just to try to get it a few more hits.

but now I really have some feeling want to share....


Internet advertising myself feels really bad. I only want people to know and like my work, not me.
It is too time consuming, to blog, to favorite, to twitte, to retwitte, to like, to follow.
There is no real warmth when performing those cold 'social' actions.

As a Nobody, an Invisible netizen, blogging, twitting is not that romantic as throwing letters in a bottle to the sea.
It is constantly shouting for attention, inside a partition of a over crowed, noisy, gigantic toilet, even worse, there are too many robots who shout much louder. But yet the worst is those who knock on your door are mostly robot thief.
If social networking is an addictive drug, it just don't work on me. I have been doing this for only 3 days, and it only get me sick.

Social networking is about show up one self? I am not showing up the real me.
I use English for all my post just to try to reach more people. I am shame to use my bad English publicly, my native language is Chinese.
The real me like to stay alone to make games, play games, almost all the time.

I like making game a lot, it is my hobby for decades, but I am not active in indie game community for some reasons.
I am in Hong Kong, not US or UK or JP, where the community is big, active, reachable.
I am not any guru, nor viz kid, has nothing to teach other. I am constantly learning from them, silently.
Games that I make is just some simple 1 minute time killer for people to have a little, not much innovation nor content to surprise people. me and my game just don't shine.
And compare to the pro-indies, i am just a hobbyist with average skill, why would i bother to show off?

My Quest of Save QTE-Fu Master is still going on. keep watching if you are interested.

Please commented whatever, to help me feel like not talking to air.

No comments:

Post a Comment